Yesterday I turned 30 years old! For several months leading up to this milestone in my life, I had wondered how it was going to feel. I want to share for a few moments what the day felt like. I had feared that I might feel like I had not accomplished enough, made enough money, done enough good, or pleased God enough with my life; however, the feeling that overcame me on my 30th birthday was that of Joy! God reminded me over and over of all the many things I have to be thankful for in my life! Psalms 118:24 says, “This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” God is in complete control of our days. Whether I live to be 30 or to be 100 I want to live each day that God blesses me with to bring Him glory and honor through my life! In honor of turning 30 below I have listed 30 things that I am thankful for.
1. Salvation. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior.
2. My Family. God has blessed me with the perfect wife for me, Sonya, a loving son, Micah, and a beautiful daughter, Madyson.
3. Parents. God has truly blessed me with Godly parents who instilled in me Christian values by living them out.
4. Sisters. I have the two best sisters anyone could ever wish for!
5. Brothers. Logan, Daniel, D.W., and Townsend; I know I can count on them anytime.
6. In-Laws. It’s pretty amazing to have in-laws that I love and know they love me.
7. “LOL” Youth Group. I love each member of the youth group like they are part of my family!
8. OFBC Children. Every time I see them singing from their hearts it blesses me!
9. OFBC Church Family. God could not have given me a better church family. I love each of you!
10. Extended Church Family. Having moved so many times I am so thankful for my extended church family across the country!
11. Work. I am so thankful to be able to have two jobs that I truly love!
12. Home. God has blessed us with a beautiful home; more than I ever imagined we would have.
13. Neighbors. We have the best neighbors. Scotty, Heather, Brianna, and Addison. They are more like family than neighbors.
14. God’s Grace. God has given me so much more than I have ever deserved.
15. God’s love. So thankful that I did nothing to earn God’s love and that I cannot do anything to lose God’s love!
16. God’s provision. God has always provided for our needs even when we didn’t know how it would happen.
17. God’s plan. Life is such much better when we are following God’s plan for our lives.
18. God’s forgiveness. I have failed God so many times in my life. How amazing it is to know that He will forgive me each time.
19. North Greenville University. There is no better school in the country than NGU!!!
20. Professors. I am so thankful for my professors and all I have learned and continue learning from them.
21. Extended family. I would not be who I am today without them. I love each of you so much!
22. Mountains. What a blessing it is to see the beauty that God has created.
23. Beach. My favorite vacation spot. I love spending time relaxing with my family at the beach.
24. Memories. I have so many wonderful memories that are too many to count, but I will always have the memories.
25. Music. I am not the best singer, but I truly love to sing to God.
26. The Bible. God Instructions for life. I am guaranteed to mess up the day if I don’t start with God’s word.
27. Wisdom. I have learned so many things through the years. I pray I become wiser each day.
28. Experience. So experiences are good and some are hard, but I know that God never wastes a hurt!
29. Grills. I love cooking on the grill. I love eating the food I cook on the grill even more.
30. Competition. I absolutely love to play games: NCAA Football, NBA 2K14, board games, etc.
*There are so many more things that I am thankful for in my life. Let me encourage you to thank God each day for the many blessings in your life. We never know when our time on earth is done. God help me to get the most out of everyday and bring honor and glory to your name!